Unicode

> Dedicated to pfQuizzz software.
board

Unicode

Post by board »

Hi,

Thank you for creating such a wonderful product. It is small yet highley ueful.

I like the unicode support in paticular. I've been using Overhoor/Drill Assistant for about ten years, but it doesn't have unicode support, which makes it useless for learning languages like Arabic, Hebrew, Syriac and Coptic etc. But thank God I found your software.

I do have a feature request: it would be nice if it was possible to select a font for the words asked. The default font is suitable for Latin script, but the Hebrew characters are almost unreadable.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
fips
Site Admin

Re: Unicode

Post by fips »

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you like pfQuizzz. Such kind words motivate me to keep working on the project.

Regarding the font selection, it's definitely a good idea and I'm going to support it very soon. The new version of pfQuizzz 1.1 is about to be released so I'll try to incorporate this option into the version.

FipS
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

Just a quick note,

the font selection option is newly available in pfQuizzz 1.1, which has just been released. I'd appreciate your comments on whether it suits your needs.

FipS
Henjin

Post by Henjin »

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for developing this program. I downloaded it today and got it setup w/ a nice big vocabulary list for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. The Unicode support is such a great feature. I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work!
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

Henjin,

Perfect! It's good to hear that the Unicode works as expected.

FipS
csol

Post by csol »

hi

when using arabic in the vocab list the program does not display the characters properly especially when vowels are used.

the font selection box is greyed out on my "samsung Omnia WM6"
I am using the latest version 1.2

ANy ideas?
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

Hi,

I'd like to ask you a few questions to help me identify the problem:

1) Does Arabic work correctly in other programs on your mobile device?

2) Do you see wrong characters when editing a word list or later during browsing and practising?

I haven't had any issue with Unicode on mobile devices yet. So that's the reason why the font selection is disabled on the mobile version of pfQuizzz. I could probably enable it if it appears to be the solution to the problem.

Have a nice day,
FipS
antojames

Post by antojames »

Unicode is a computing industry standard for the consistent encoding, representation and handling of text expressed in most of the world's writing systems. Developed in conjunction with the Universal Character Set.
Kool_Without_Gang

Post by Kool_Without_Gang »

Hi There,

First I wanna thank you for creating such a cool programm :) I use it with my HTC HD2 cell phone.
The only problem that I have, is that, the program doesn`t accept special letters as you can find them in languages like croatian and turkish. In my cell phone I can write them correctly into the answer of the edit formular, but then I wanna write the correct answer into the free space of the program and the software doesn`t accept the special letter and switches it into a letter without the special sign. Doesn`t the program accept some special letters? Is there any possibility to solve this problem?? Thanks a lot...

Greetings from Germany :)

Kool
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

Hi Kool,

Thanks for pointing out the problem with special characters. I'll definitely look into it as quite a few users also encountered similar difficulties. In the next version of pfQuizzz, I'll allow users to change the main application font so the application should be able to accept a wider range of special characters. Please be patient though as it's been hard for me to find enough time recently to work on pfQuizzz.

FipS
Kool_Without_Gang

Post by Kool_Without_Gang »

Hi Fips,

thanks for your quick respond. So I keep on patiently waiting for it :)

Thanks...

Kool