Quote of the day

> Coding, hacking, computer graphics, game dev, and such...
fips
Site Admin

Quote of the day

Post by fips »

"This isn't a photo of a toilet; this work is all about color and balance." /Ken Rockwell/
(For those who are curious, he's describing this)
fips
Site Admin

Re: Quote of the day

Post by fips »

"I have experienced first hand that many, if not most, of the design patterns in the book of the same name are just bandaids for the gushing wounds of those languages." /Mac, Design patterns are from hell^2!/

"Try to learn at least one language in each major language category." /Jim Tilander, Are you bilingual?/
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

"If you go through life with the attitude that other people are fuckers and retards, you will be inevitably driven to the conclusion that you are also a fucker and retard, and be unhappy. If you go through life believing that other people are basically good and have things to offer, then you will be happy. Nonetheless, I cannot give up the conclusion that most people are fuckers and retards." /Charles Bloom/
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

"One of the many things I hate about web software is I can't just save the version of the tool that I like and keep using that version when they add a bunch of junk I don't want." /Charles Bloom/
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

"You can spend a thousand dollars on just a finder for a Leica. Heck, for half that, you could buy a used Nikon and 20mm lens for even more accurate results." /Ken Rockwell/
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

"Most humans can notice up to 60Hz (some even more), depending on their age, level of fatigue. To have a smooth flow, you need around 60fps, of instantaneous frames. The movie analogy is flawed since a real camera frame stores what happened during a period of 1/frequency, while a computer frame stores a shot of no duration (instantaneous)." /Rodéric/
fips
Site Admin

Post by fips »

"I think more people are sick about hearing about H1N1 and Swine flu then there are people actually sick from it......" /K., The Big Picture/